Replacing Saga with a girl

This most likely will not be possible in the main game. I don't do any modding for the main game at all, and most of the files I deleted are used in the main game. But I've been wanting to be able to make it so every slot can be re-mapped, and Saga is taking up space.

Initially, I went with a straight 00.lst duplication, copying Viara's entry and replacing Saga's. Client crashed when I tried to load Saga.

Then I remembered from my research on 06.lst that it specifies some bone  that must be loaded (specifically, the hip and kokan). Male characters use s_ prefix while female characters use a_ prefix, so that would definitely crash the client if it's not changed.

Copying Viara's 06.lst entry to Saga's worked. I can now load Viara in Saga's slot.
However the problem now is that it doesn't seem to load any of the bone frames properly so all you get is the T-form model.

That's very strange. This is a similar issue to me trying to import Haruka, so there might be a connection. If I figure out how to swap Sage with Viara, it may give me more information on how to import other characters.

I have no idea what the problem is.

No comments:

Post a Comment