Generic guide to importing items

I wrote two guides on importing items. The first one was me importing items from other illusion games. The second one was me importing items from Battle Raper 2. However, I would say the second guide is a little inaccurate, and should instead fall under "importing generic items" rather than being a game-specific guide.

Although Battle Raper 2 is supported by SB3U, its xx format is not. That means if you tried to copy it over to Yuusha directly, whatever scripts that convert the xx from one format to another wouldn't work and when you try to load it in game nothing comes up.

The solution I had then found was pretty much exporting the meshes and then re-importing them. That is the same as me importing any arbitrary 3D object and putting it in an xx, except first acquiring the meshes from the XX file.

The general procedure is simply

  1. Take an XX file that will hold your item
  2. Add the textures required
  3. Create materials and assign textures to them
  4. Add a frame for your mesh
  5. Open the 3D object in SB3U and then add it to the XX file
In fact, I could probably just call this the "Generic guide to importing 3D objects" ............

No comments:

Post a Comment